Saturday, September 17, 2011

Le Songe d'Une Nuit d'Ete

Last night I had the privilege of seeing Le Songe d'Une Nuit d'Ete at the Theatre de la Porte Saint-Martin. The play is an adaptation of William Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream" and is in French. Although my French is not fluent at all, there were a few things I could take a way with me. However, I am a strange thinker so I will do this in lists.

THE SET:
  • main colors were black, white, gray, and some brown
  • a lot of the material was reflective
  • there was a rising platform at the center and back of the stage
  • the main shapes were circles (at least I noticed)

THE COSTUMES:
  • the play was set in a 60's-70's time period
  • main colors were black, white, brown, pink, red, blue and green
  • the females wore go go boots and had their hair tied up tightly (mostly) and wore dresses from the fitting time period
  • the men wore business suits or very colorful clothing

THE LIGHTING:
  • it was very flashy during the choreography
  • there were themes of colors
  • it was used to mark specific spots the actors had to go to
  • at one point it was used as lighting or magic striking Puck

No comments:

Post a Comment