Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Writing Assignment: That Which is Hidden

They don't know what they're dealing with. They see a polite, quiet girl who looks serious and does her work on time. They see a petite girl with funny facial expressions and jokes that don't make sense. They see it. It is part of who I am. Do they see the hidden desire to find a purpose in life? Do they see the awkwardness I feel when confronted with certain tasks? Do they see the emotions that are brought about when listening to beautiful music or reading something very touching? It's possible that they do. Probably not. However, there's a reason I like to hide. I don't want them to know who I am completely. I want them to wonder, to be surprised at something I do, to simply regard me as another classmate doing her work and contributing her ideas. No one needs to know who I truly am. Only those I love and love me in return. Is that a bad thing or is it a bit logical? Is it alright if I don't know the answer to all of my questions? I think so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment